It's been a while!
I really hate starting with that–and I hate having started with that so often in the history of this blog.
I just…haven't felt like I've had much to write about. Part of that was taking on a new job at the beginning of last month, which put me at just about full-time between all of my jobs. What a transition! It hasn't been bad, really. It's been tough, sure, and an adjustment, but I really love it. It's a good job. But between the new job and my other jobs, there have been lots of little good moments (and lots of irritating, frustrating ones, too!) but nothing big enough that I wanted to write a whole post about it.
But good grief it's been a long time since I wrote anything here.
And I think those little moments are worth celebrating and cherishing–and isn't that what I wanted to do here, in this space? find the good and beautiful and God in the routines and small moments of life? So let's take a moment–let's celebrate all the tiny things that being us joy. For me, that's been:
- Walking to work. It's a tiny way to make space for myself, and I love it.
- My new friend.
- Going to the park. I live right by one, and I've finally rediscovered that is a great place to go to read or get some work done.
- Beautiful sunsets. Enough said, right?
- Work. Definitely not every day–but there's something beautiful about seeing a task be completed, and being the one working towards that. There's something wonderful about having a clearly defined goal.
- Crocheting. I've been crocheting more lately and loving it! I find it such a soothing way to spend an hour or two.
- Writing. Surprising no one but myself, developing a regular writing habit has been giving me so, so much joy. (Perhaps this is a post for another time, but why do we so vehemently avoid the parts of life that give us the most joy?)
- Rain. We've had so much rain here I've the past month, and I love it. It's my favorite weather, full of such beauty and potential.
What about you? What small things have you been loving?